6 Essential Tips for saving on Car Rentals
The importance of conveyance can be well felt these days with the majority people having their own. It is though suggestible that people should use public transport for its own set of benefits, but there are times when one really feels the need of a temporary personal vehicle. In lieu of this has come up the concept of Car Rental.
In this there are private owned companies who offer well maintained cars on rent. They charge on hourly and daily basis and give a car to the customer who requires it. But again while doing so; there are numerous essential points to be kept in mind. Hereby a few are listed as follows:-
- Book Early: There is a saying “The early bird gets the worm” and this fits in here exactly. If you know that you are going to require a rented car in the next week, Book now. This is going to save you money as many of the agencies offer discounts on early bookings. You can also choose the vehicle you want depending on their availability because again it’s the sooner, the better.
- Decide about fuel: Some of the agencies offer customers with fuelled cars and charge them accordingly, or you can also choose to fuel the vehicle yourself according to your needs and return it to them with the leftover. Fuel is precious, so it’s always better to decide over it in advance.
- Know about available upgrades: Note that there are times when the companies offer free upgrades to bigger vehicles like SUV’s and MUV’s. This is because the most of the demands remain for the compact cars. Hence it would not be a bad idea to get a free upgrade to a bigger and better car as per your requirements and enjoy it at a same rate of compact car.
- Look for Memberships on offer: Many larger companies offer memberships to its regular customers. There are exciting benefits to it some of them being free rental days, upgrades to larger vehicles, discounted rates, air miles and others such. Thus if one is a frequent renter of cars, then being a member of that company would really serve as a boon and fruit benefits and savings.
- Check your documents: The documents and driving records of the customer is duly checked and verified because of strict rules of the authority governing traffic. Hence one must be a licensed driver with clean driving records in order to get a car for rent.
- Weekends are cheaper: If days don’t matter, then preferably choose weekends to rent cars. This is because usually the rates are much lower on the weekends and can actually bring down the expenses related to the same. So if the arrangements can be flexible, it would always be wise to choose the weekends. But if not, then a complete weekly rented car can also reduce costs, which would otherwise be greater if rented for just the 5 working days.
Thus renting cars really solve the purpose and also simplifies life for many. But with so many new companies coming up in this business, it would always be advised to be aware of the above points and consider them before going for a car rental.
This is a guest post written by Mark on behalf of Car Rental by CNS, Visit: http://www.cnsrentacar.com/lahore/