Italian Culinary Delights – Right At The Heart Of Dublin!
Love to eat quality, authentic Italian food? You don’t have to travel to Italy for that! Right at the heart of Dublin, Ireland, you can discover a host of fine Italian restaurants – just like I have!
Good food and great music – these are the two things I simply cannot do without in life. You might find me just a tad snooty, but a weekend seems rather incomplete for me without lunching at a nice Italian restaurant – after a round of the local music stores. I am pretty much thankful to live in Dublin, Ireland – which is a virtual haven for lovers of Italian cuisine in Dublin. I would here be writing about some of the dishes that I order practically every time I visit a good Italian restaurant in my city:
- Soup – More specifically, the Minestrone Soup. It goes beyond me why most of my buddies are not in favor of having soups as starter items. I mean, which other Italian starter offers that ideal mix of taste and hygiene – as soups do? Minestrone Soup with fresh breadsticks – absolutely yum!
- Insalata – Oh yes, I love salads – and I firmly believe that some of the best salads are available at the top Italian restaurants in Dublin. I generally go for the variety with freshly-sliced tomato, mozzarella cheese and avocado in it. I first tried it at the renowned Toscana restaurant, and have fallen in love with this salad ever since!
- Pasta – Pizza-lovers won’t agree with me – but isn’t pasta just a li’l bit tastier and more filling? I, at least, think so – and regularly order the Agnolotti pasta at the Italian eateries during my weekend luncheon binges. The Tuscan chicken pasta is yet another favorite Italian cuisine of mine.
- Chicken wings – Were you thinking that I religiously stay away from all things fried (as many of my lady friends do?) during my Italian lunches? I don’t dear readers! I love the crispy chicken wings that feature in the menus of most of the Dublin restaurants. Oh, and I am choosy here too – for I always order the variety that has a hint of corn in it!
- Steak dishes – There was a time when I did not think beyond grilled chicken as the ideal side dish for my meals – but that was before I (my taste buds, to be more exact!) came across the various yummy steak preparations at the local Italian restaurants. I generally alternate between the sirloin and the venison varieties – and find them equally lip-smacking! Which one do you prefer?
- Spaghetti – My colleagues at office say that I don’t eat enough – but that’s probably because they only catch me eating on weekdays! During my weekend visits to Italian restaurants, I often (read: always!) order a dish of spaghetti, once I am done with the pasta. Egg and pancetta are the two things I love to have in my spaghetti preparations. I even tried to cook spaghetti at home during last week (admittedly, with limited success!).
- Lasagne – Lasagne of different types also feature in my preferred list of Italian dishes. If you haven’t tried lasagne dishes with fresh mushroom and mozzarella cheese – I guess you are doing your gastronomic juices a disfavor!
- Tiramisu – Which weekend luncheon can ever finish without a nice dessert? I go the traditional way on this count – and order Tiramisu, that well-known Italian dessert, to wrap up my weekend lunch in style. A flavor of coffee and a scent of Marsala wine – nothing elaborate, but really, really tasty!
I had also tried duck preparations during one of my weekend Italian lunches a month or so back – but did not really fancy it. The food at most of the well-known Italian restaurants in Dublin is of the finest quality – much to my delight. If you appreciate good food – Italian cuisine is something that you too would surely love!
Author’s Bio: Joselin John is a renowned author. She regularly writes on the web, on a variety of health, diet and lifestyle issues. In here, she lists out some of her favorite preparations at the Italian restaurants in Dublin.